Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Scalloped Corn

They could have come up with a better name. But I am telling you..I love this recipe of my mommies! It is just so yummy! At one bite, memories come flooding back and to me this is serious comfort food! 

My favorite memory when I think of this dish is the Jiffy Mix. My mom and I used to buy boxes of this by the dozen. My most prized (ok second most prized: Those who know me know I covet my blanket my mom made me when I was a baby.) Christmas gift was my easy bake oven. I loved that thing. And it required me to use the Jiffy cake mix. Mom always let me stock up since I used it so often. And it was a must to have one of each when we went to the store. Corn bread jiffy mix was always on my moms list however when we got home, I would line that corn bread up with my other mixes. ( early signs of OCD?).

 I loved when she was going to make her scalloped corn and she would come ask me if I had any corn bread mix she could "borrow". You see I was always asking her for ingredients. So it was cute that she needed some from me! 

Hey what can I say... it was the little things! 
So ... here it is.... I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did!


INGREDIENTS

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
  • 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn (undrained)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

DIRECTIONS

  • 1
    Beat eggs slightly.
  • 2
    Add sour cream, butter and corn.
  • 3
    Fold in dry Jiffy corn mix.
  • 4
    Put in baking disk (I used a 9 x 7).
  • 5
    Sprinkle cheese on top.
  • 6
    Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
  • 7
    Make sure center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment