My favorite memory when I think of this dish is the Jiffy Mix. My mom and I used to buy boxes of this by the dozen. My most prized (ok second most prized: Those who know me know I covet my blanket my mom made me when I was a baby.) Christmas gift was my easy bake oven. I loved that thing. And it required me to use the Jiffy cake mix. Mom always let me stock up since I used it so often. And it was a must to have one of each when we went to the store. Corn bread jiffy mix was always on my moms list however when we got home, I would line that corn bread up with my other mixes. ( early signs of OCD?).
I loved when she was going to make her scalloped corn and she would come ask me if I had any corn bread mix she could "borrow". You see I was always asking her for ingredients. So it was cute that she needed some from me!
Hey what can I say... it was the little things!
So ... here it is.... I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as we did!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn (undrained)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1Beat eggs slightly.
- 2Add sour cream, butter and corn.
- 3Fold in dry Jiffy corn mix.
- 4Put in baking disk (I used a 9 x 7).
- 5Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 6Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes.
- 7Make sure center comes out clean.