- Mahi Mahi Fish Fillets
- Cajun Seasoning or Northwoods Seasoning (Penzy Spices)
- Shredded Cabbage
- Salsa or Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheese (optional)
- sour cream
- 1 pkg guacamole seasoning
- Sm flour or corn tortilla shells (you can also use a slice of lettuce as a wrapper)
- 1Mahi Mahi fish fillets. (I buy the unbreaded fillets at Sams/Costco in individual frozen packages which are easy to use, thaw and are great. Fresh fish at the market is great too)
- 2I used one fillet for one person. Will get 2 fish tacos out of it.
- 3Thaw if frozen. Quick tip? Set frozen fish package in a bowl and run cool water over for a few minutes. It will thaw beautifully. Once thawed, cut against the grain into 1 1/2 inch slices. (about the width of your finger) and sprinkle liberally with your favorite seasonings (something with some kick) . I use Cajun seasoning or Northwoods Seasoning.
- 4In a hot skillet, grill pan, or on outdoor grill, cook fish on both sides until done (since they are slices, they take no time at all. Usually 1-2 minutes each side if that)
- 5Mix 1/4 cup sour cream with 1-2 tsp of guacamole seasoning
- 6I put two slices of grilled fish, a small amount of seasoned sour cream, a hand full of cabbage, ground pepper to taste, a dab of shredded cheese (for looks really so my inner chubby doesn’t feel cheated), and some salsa.
- 7Wa La!!! They are so yummo!!!