Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hummus


Seriously. YUM! I mean my teenagers love it.. That should tell you something! Bonus? It's healthy!

Why do they give good food such a weird name. Well you've heard the saying.. don't judge a book by it's cover! I visited a friend once and she had just made some homemade hummus. I was like.. Um... I don't know about that. Ill stick with the veggies and dip thanks. But she and her hubby talked us into trying it. And I will have to say.. I not only liked it. I LOVED IT! In fact, I am snacking on some hummus as I blog!

Ingredients:

2 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
2 15 ounce cans drained and rinsed chickpeas or garbanzo beans. These are the same thing
2/3 cup of roasted tahini (jar kind works best never raw)
1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
Toasted pine nuts

In food processor, combine garlic beans tahini lemon juice water and olive oil. Process until smooth. then process a lil bit more to be sure. Add salt.
Toast your pine nuts in a skillet just until that nutty flavor comes out and they slightly brown. Sprinkle on the top and serve with pita bread, tortilla shell, pretzels, or  veggies!

Want to try it before making it? Sabra brand is the only one I will purchase. The roasted red pepper is wonderful. And as close as I can find to the real deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment