Anyways... let's get ta cookin!
- 1 cooked chicken, skinless and meat shredded or diced (rotisserie if your in a time crunch)
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 2 T chopped fresh tarragon leaves or 1 tsp parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (Our choice) (My mom loved her chicken salad wet. I perfer mine a tad bit on the dry side. So I make this just the way it says and then add a little at a time to the chicken and vegi's until I get it the way I like it)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ready for the hard part???????
Mix the chicken red onion shallot celery nuts in a large bowl and toss. Mix mayonnaise vinegar salt and pepper and then I mix small amounts into the chicken salad until I get the right wetness I like. Sprinkle in tarragon and mix Spoon into your favorite bread, cored tomato or put on a slice of cold lettuce.