- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1 whole Onion, Chopped
- 6 slices Bacon, Cut Into Pieces
- 3 whole Bell Peppers, Finely Diced (red, Yellow, Orange) ( I use the bag of sweet baby mixed peppers)
- 1 Pkg of frozen sweet corn kernels
- 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
- 3 cups Chicken Stock Or Broth
- 2 cups Half-and-half
- 1 cup (heaping) Grated Monterrey Jack
- 1In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onions for a couple of minutes. Add bacon. I cooked bacon until crispy! Then add diced bell peppers and cook for a couple of minutes. Finally, add corn and cook for a minute.
- 2Sprinkle flour evenly over the top and stir to combine. Pour in broth and stir well. Allow this to thicken for 3 or 4 minutes, then reduce heat to low. Stir in half-and-half, then cover and allow to simmer/thicken for 15 minutes or so.
- 3Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted and the soup is hot, check seasonings. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- 4Serve with Toasted Seasoned French Baguette Slices. Recipe follows.Seasoned French Baguette Slices: Slice Bagette or French Bread into 1" slices. Melt 1/4 stick of butter and add 1 1/2 tsp olive oil. Paint (my kids like to call it) one side of your bread. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Olive oil side up, toast on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Turn and do the other side. Serve!