Sunday, January 27, 2013

Grandma Keetons Cranberry Salad


My grandma always had this for me when I used to stay with her. I just love it! And I always always always serve it in my mommies bowl. 

Recipe Ingredients:
1 bag frozen cranberries
1 bag mini-marshmallows
2/3 - 1 cup granulated sugar
1-16oz can crushed pineapple, drained
1-lg container Cool-Whip
Any type of nut if desired (I don't put them in as too many are allergic)
 
Recipe Directions:
Grind the cranberries in food processor (makes an unholy racket so make sure everyone's awake!), mix with marshmallows & pineapple (you may add the nuts here if desired).  Sprinkle with sugar and stir well.  Refrigerate overnight stirring occasionally.  Just before serving, fold in Cool-Whip.  This will keep for several days in the refrigerator, some juice will come to the top, but just stir it back into mixture.  YUUUUMMMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment