Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baja Fish Tacos

I know I know. Some of you are like.. seriously Bonnie.. another fish taco?? I can't help it. They are great for you!!! So much better than the beef or chicken tacos. And you can make them with some beautiful spices which will make them so flavorful. Try it.... one bite... and you will realize what your missing!

I like fish taco's with Mahi Mahi. It's a very mild tasting fish and so good so healthy!

3/4 pound Mahi Mahi or other firm white fish fillets
2 tsp fajita seasoning
2 cups pre packaged slaw or pre sliced green cabbage.
1 T fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp salt
3 T chopped fresh cilantro. ( I omit this because well.. Im not a fan)
8 corn tortilla ( don't laugh.. but I skip this too)
2 1/2 T low fat sour cream
1/2 can drained rinsed black beans
1 large tomato diced
Tiny dice some onion. About 2 T (you don't want to over power your fish)
1/2 avocado pitted and diced
bottled salsa

You can make all of this fish up even if it is just for one person. This is the easiest to save and reheat or just eat it cold the next day!

Spray nonstick spray on grill pan or skillet. (I use my steamer on the counter) but I've grilled it so many times.

Sprinkle both sides with seasoning and gently press it into the fish so it is nice and coated. Grill for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes. Your going to break that fish up anyways so go ahead and cut if you need to in the middle to check.

Mix cabbage, lime juice salt, onion, tomatoes, black beans and cilantro in a side bowl.

Once fish is done move to a plate and break up into small bite sized bites.
Spread sour cream on your shell, top with fish and cabbage mixture and avocado. Serve with a drizzle of salsa.

Now... your saying to yourself but you omit the shells??? I don't really care for corn shells. So.. I use flour.. or more often than not, I will just stir it all together and eat it over some rice, or just by itself. I don't really need the shell.  Check out my next couple recipes!!!! Fresh Pico and Creamy White Sauce! Both go great with these tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment