Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chunky Guacamole

I know what some of you are saying. Ewww. I don't like Guacamole. And before trying this recipe, I would have agreed with you. I don't care for the jar creamy type of green paste. But thought I would give this recipe a try. Whats the worst that can happen? I don't like it :)

4 ripe avocados (pits removed, and scoop out the flesh with a tablespoon)
1 Lime/Lemon, juiced
1/2 red onion, chopped fine
1 garlic clove, minced
2 sm roma tomatoes chopped fine (seeds removed prior)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Kosher salt/Sea Salt to taste
Ground Pepper to taste

Halve the avocados and remove pit. Scoop out the flesh with tablespoon into a mixing bowl and mash the avocados with a fork leaving them somewhat chunky. Add remaining ingredients, and fold everything together until gently mixed. Lay a piece of plastic wrap right on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or grilled pita bread

No comments:

Post a Comment