Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pistachio/Watergate Salad


Now mind you... this used to be called Sea Foam Salad, Watergate Salad or Pistachio Salad. My mom called it Pistachio Salad :) My grandma would tell you it was Watergate! And she'd get adventurous at times and use the multi colored marshmallows. But Ill tell you as a kid... I didn't like the multi colored ones. Call me crazy... but I didn't care for the flavor it gave the salad. 


  • 1 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in juice (undrained)
  • 1 box (4-serving) of jello brand  instant pistachio pudding
  • 1 cup miniature marshmallows
  • 1 container of thawed Cool whip (or in my case homemade whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts 
Mix dry pudding mix, pineapple, marshmallows and walnuts in until well blended. add the cool whip. stir until well blended. Cover and put the fridge for about an hour before serving. I get excited and eat some when I first make it, but the marshmallows get soft and fluffy if you let it sit in the fridge first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment